Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Rep. Smith: Americans Have ‘Every Right to Know’ if Facebook Has Liberal Bias

Americans have “every right to know” if Facebook has a liberal bias and is censoring conservative content on its “Trending” topics list, Rep. Lamar Smith (R-TX) said Thursday.

“I think liberal media bias is a huge problem among TV, cable, newspapers and social media. It’s all-pervasive,” Smith told CNSNews.com.

“So the charges by the former [Facebook] employees that there was a liberal bias at Facebook did not surprise me. And to my knowledge, it has not been adequately addressed.”

Smith added that Congress should not play any role in the ongoing controversy. “But I do think the American people should insist that all the media, including Facebook, are unbiased and objective,” he said.

“I don’t think the government has any role. The First Amendment allows Facebook to say whatever they want to say,” he told CNSNews.

“However, I do strongly believe that the American people have every right to know whether a source of their information has a liberal bias or not.

More

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do what I did. Dump facebook.