Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Va. Sen. Creigh Deeds sues state, mental health officials over son's death

WARM SPRINGS, Va. (AP) -- A Virginia state senator who was attacked by his son, who then killed himself, has filed a $6 million lawsuit against the state and a Lexington-based mental health facility.

Media outlets report that Sen. R. Creigh Deeds of Bath County claims in the lawsuit that Austin "Gus" Deeds was improperly denied treatment before the 2013 incident.

The complaint was filed in Bath County Circuit Court. Defendants are the state, the Rockbridge Area Community Services Board and Michael Gentry, a mental health worker who evaluated Gus Deeds the day before the attack. Gus Deeds stabbed his father 13 times before shooting himself.

More

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is sad and I remember when it happened. I pray that my son never has mental problems. I love my son and I don't want to lose him.