Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, April 17, 2015

I’m Sooo Bored of Being Gay

I’ll never forget the precise moment I chose to be gay. It was the endpoint in a process of rebellion against my white middle-class parents that climaxed with me smuggling a black drug dealer into my bedroom at 3 a.m. on a school night aged 15.

They have a word for this in America. Bratty young white girls who shack up with African Americans (preferably belonging to the criminal underclass) are known as coalburners. I’d previously lost my virginity in a fivesome with two boys and two girls. But that didn’t sufficiently scandalise my mother, so I decided to up my game. At the time, bringing home impoverished ethnic minorities felt like the ultimate desecration of my well-heeled, two-ponies-and-a-pool Home Counties rearing.

All the best sex – in fact, all the best things in life – are transgressive and naughty. But there’s a problem when forbidden fruits go mainstream. When you teach yourself to be excited solely by transgressive acts, and end up only really happy when you’re breaking rules or upsetting someone, you’re at the mercy of changing fashions.

More

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's nothing new about freedom of choice.Nothing abnormal here.

Anonymous said...

Poor little rich white boy. He don't know what to do with himself. Pretty soon, this country will be searching for a cure a deadly disease his body has created and had affected the population of people and animals. Poor little white boy.

Anonymous said...

This article FAILS in its first sentence. No one CHOOSES to be gay. Either you are or you aren't. There is no choice.

Don't believe me? Answer this, when did you choose to be straight? You didn't did you? You just are.

Anonymous said...

umm 4:12

it's called being born with a "Y" chromosome... or not.

you are obviously the product of a very liberal, public educmucation.

Anonymous said...

I found out I was straight one night in the back seat of my car.

Anonymous said...

I think it is a choice as well.... BUT there was a man who lived on Philadelphia Avenue in Salisbury that introduced children (male children) to his way of life way before they knew right from wrong. I wonder how many "choices" were made based on what happened to these boys.

Anonymous said...

God made Adam and Eve, and for a reason, gave them inalienable feelings and thought processes along with a freedom of choice.

One was to guarantee the continuation of the species, and the other to remove the anomalies.

Anonymous said...

Say, is this story about the mayor?