Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Crabcake Factory Patriarch Dies

Ron Brooks, a fixture at his son's Crabcake Factory restaurant in Ocean City for nearly 20 years, died March 18. He was 82.

"We certainly thought he was gonna be with us a while longer," said his son Johnny Brooks. "He was over here with me for lunch on Monday with (his grandchildren) playing and laughing. I had never seen him so happy... I just thought he was unsinkable."

He shared that his father passed away Wednesday afternoon while standing in the waiting room of his dermatologist's office in Selbyville. He also said his father suffered from heart disease, among other medical issues.

"A huge hole is left in my heart and in the collective hearts of friends, employees and customers. I will do my best to fill his shoes," he said.

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sad. RIP Mr B.

Anonymous said...

Mr B was a great man and will be missed

Anonymous said...

Poor guy, Restaurant stinks though.