Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, February 13, 2015

Malcolm X’s Daughter OK with Whites Using N-word

A white person using the N-word is not a problem for Malcolm X’s daughter, Ilyasah Shabazz.

In her eyes, if black people can go around using it. so can people of other races. Shabazz weighed in on the N-word while speaking to TMZ about hip-hop music, which she admitted listening to.

“I think it’s just ridiculous sometimes. I think it is. I think it’s a bit ridiculous, yeah,” Shabazz said about the N-word’s repeated use in rap before giving her take on the use of the word by white people.

“I mean, you know, I think if we’re going to…if you’re gonna use it, then everybody should be able use it.

So if you don’t like other people using it, then we shouldn’t use it.”

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel better now.

Anonymous said...

I've never stopped using the so called "N" word. It's just a slang for someone your pissed at , could be white or any ethnic person.
In the late 50's , that's all we called each other. We are white.

Anonymous said...

Thanks.