Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, August 06, 2014

North Carolina Sheriff’s Response to Explosion in Violent Crime Will Likely Infuriate One Side of the Gun Debate

Responding to an explosion in violent crime in Harnett County, North Carolina, Sheriff Larry Rollins told about 130 residents at a community meeting on Monday that they need to “be able to take care of business” until police arrive.

To put it bluntly, Rollins wants his residents to be armed and ready to protect themselves and their families.

“I do not go anywhere without a gun,” the sheriff told residents at Spring Hill Methodist Church in Lillington, North Carolina, on Monday.

More

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen brother tell them like it is. you protect yourself and your family and when the police arrive after it is all over you will still be alive to tell them what happened.

Anonymous said...

I agree on this time.

Anonymous said...

If here in Maryland, 5:47PM, ...then be charged with something off the wall, arrested and jailed.
My father told me when I was a young man to leave Maryland for 'Del' or 'Va' but to get out of 'Mar'. I didn't understand why until I matured a bit more. I just wish I'd listened years before.
As the Nox say, "The very young do not always do as they're told".

Anonymous said...

Just imagine how safe it would be in Salisbury if you had carry permits, and a stand your ground law......

Anonymous said...

Good article...should be the attitude of everyone. If someone comes in uninvited...protect what's yours!! Nothin' says protection like Smith & Wesson!!!!

Anonymous said...

Eventually you blood thirsty gun lovers will all shoot yourselves. After you are all gone we can finally turn your 45s and assault rifles into plow shares. I am sure this will not be approved for publication.