Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, June 05, 2014

Quite Possibly The Best Letter From Camp, Ever

Last year, my eight year-old son went to summer camp. It was the first time he had been away from home for more than a night. An hour after I dropped him off, I missed him. By the time I went to bed, I found myself wandering into his bedroom, just to feel close to him.

As the days passed, I wrote to him daily. Each hour dragged as I’d wait for the mailman, hoping for just one letter from him. By that point I missed him so much, I began to imagine what he might write.

I fantasized I would receive a letter something like this:

More 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The link is broken, but I have one to share.

My youngest son went to camp for the first time, so I bought him a couple of "throw away" film cameras to have him record his adventures.

Upon pickup day, I was going through his stuff so nothing would be left behind, and couldn't find the cameras.

When I asked him where they were, he brightly explained, "Well, I took all the pictures, so I just threw them away!"

I said "OK..."