Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, April 18, 2014

If You "Like" An Article, Let Us Know

We recently made several changes to Salisbury News, including a "Like" button.

Look, we have tens of thousands of visitors to Salisbury News each and every day. That being said, it's obviously clear most of you do not comment and we're cool with that. 

I'm sure many still believe somehow your IP Address can be traced, but it can't. Nevertheless, in the very least you can help us in a very big way by simply clicking the "Like" button to let us know which articles interest you the most. 

We provide this service for FREE seven days a week. The least you can do is start using the "Like" button at the bottom of each article so we can better serve all of you. Thanks!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't see the "Like" button on the mobile version, only on the web version. I read articles on your site daily but always from my phone as it's most convenient for me and easier to view. Maybe I'm part of a small percentage of people that uses the mobile version but it could be quite the opposite of that. Just thought I'd mention it if you are trying to keep track of liked articles.

Anonymous said...

Can we like comments yet?

Daddio said...

When you first implemented this, there was a "dislike" button there as well.

WHERE DID IT GO??

JoeAlbero said...

9:51, THANK YOU! We had no idea and we'll work on that today. So you know, 35% of the people visiting Salisbury News do so by cell phone.

JoeAlbero said...

Daddio, we had an immediate issue with another Blogger going mad with that button. If you "Dislike" an article let us know in comments.

Daddio said...

To be clear, I used the "dislike" button to show that I did not like the content or ideas that were reported in the article.

I liked it that you reported them, just that what was reported made me (and I'm sure many others) mad. Nature of the beast.

As for other hostile individuals abusing such a feature, I can see your point.

Maybe you could configure it so only registered users could "vote" on such things?

Anonymous said...

JoeAlbero said...
9:51, THANK YOU! We had no idea and we'll work on that today. So you know, 35% of the people visiting Salisbury News do so by cell phone.

April 18, 2014 at 10:00 AM

When I make a comment on my Verizon phone it is never ever posted. Why is that Joe?

JoeAlbero said...

2:00, I have no idea. I have heard that's an issue but have no clue how to fix it or make it work, if it even does work from a cell phone.