Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Officer Shoots 20 Yr old in Abdomen for no Obvious Reason

Michael Davidson, a 20-year-old Airman first class, was driving to North Carolina for his assignment at the Seymour Johnson Air Force Base on March 6 when he was shot by a police officer.

His father Billy says Michael got into a minor accident with a truck and both drivers pulled over near Exit 62 on I-85. He described the incident to WSFA:

“I assume the police saw it and pulled, and Michael said he heard screaming or hollering and he saw the lights. He realized it was a police vehicle and he raised up his hand. He had his bill fold at the time he was turning around saying ‘I am an Airmen headed to my…’ and that is as far as he got. As he turned around he felt something hit him and he had been shot,” Billy said.

More

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stupid stupid stupid. The murdering of American citizens continues

Anonymous said...

Who was murdered 3:26?

Anonymous said...

Not for lack of trying. So it should read, poor aim by officer saves life of innocent victim.

Anonymous said...

Oops did I do that?

Anonymous said...

Gee, 421, it makes me feel so warm and fuzzy when I get shot by a cop on a roadside for being involved in an accident, and I don't die.

Real cool, the highlight of my day.

Thanks for caring.

Stu Stinchfield said...

More stupid cops with itchey trigger fingers. I'm sure the police investigation will say it was a justified shooting. The police are out of control.We are living in a police state and it is going to get worse.I used to have a lot of respect for the police but that is going away fast.Wait until the local cops start using their electric knock out guns or what ever the hell they are called,it will be so common it won't even make the news.

Anonymous said...

Joe why do you keep baiting the cop haters with articles like this. You certainly aren't making any friends in Blue.

ginn said...

"Police Chief John McEachern defended Officer Hancock’s right to use deadly force:
...Officer Hancock acted accordingly, within departmental guidelines..." If shooting unarmed Americans is 'within departmental guidelines', then America is lost.
If cops are so "afraid for their life", then why in the hell did they choose that vocation? I've actually heard statistics that say 70% of cops did choose their vocation so they could carry a gun and shoot someone.., 70 GD percent of cops want to shoot you!
From Mr. McEachern's statements it appears that cops are actually being encouraged to do just that! What in the name of common sense are they teaching at these 'cop training schools', anyway? I'm thinking we, the American people, need to be deploying observers in these classes.
And, I don't like McEachern's threats of it being a lengthy investigation, an internal investigation, at that. Cops being policed by cops is BS.
Finally, what's this cop going to be charged with, should the truth actually see the light of day...? Malfeasance?
We have a big, big problem with law enforcement America, that much I am sure of.

Anonymous said...

7:41....yeah, it's best if Americans DON'T hear about the hundreds of killings done EACH YEAR by those sworn to protect us. Oh, my bad....I forgot that after the police investigate THEMSELVES, over 99% of those murders are "justified" and by "justified" I mean a wink and a nod and back to work you go. If you or I shot an unarmed man who was 20 feet away, PRISON is the next address we get.
Keep cheering.