Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Old Betsy Clears The Way






There was no point in just clearing my property as there are other businesses on the Plaza that hadn't opened yet. People were slipping all over the place and now the entire west end of the Plaza is safe. 

My hat is tipped to the Dentist, Palmer and Roadie Joe's as their area was perfectly clear bright and early this morning. 

Since I just returned I can report that most of the main roads are now clear. It was rough this morning but after doing my usual rounds I saw an incredible difference hours later. The side roads are still very bad but it's coming along nicely as the sun is out and melting what's left. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of these days she's gonna get tired of you calling her old and just cut out.Great job!

Anonymous said...

Send Ireton a bill!

Anonymous said...

Maybe we should get a draft Joey Gilkerson for Mayor contingency plan up and running.

Anonymous said...

I don't have anything against the Gillis' or Gilkersons, however with all of the property he and family are in the process of developing, I just feel that it would be a conflict of interest. Then on the other hand what they develop is most times a concrete business that would benefit this city and help the local economy. This I do know, Ireton has got to go.

Anonymous said...

We need you in our neighborhood Joe to help clear off our sidewalks. My neighbor has a snow blower and he comes right to the edge of his sidewalk where my sidewalk begins and he stops and turns around making sure not to clear one inch of snow on my side of the walk. Nice neighbor...NOT!

Anonymous said...

you said it yourself," side roads are bad" and with subfreezing temps is the cause, why there is no school is closed. people here are not use to driving in this type of weather

Anonymous said...

7:17, probably for the same reason you don't cut his grass. Shovel your own walk, don't come on here begging.