Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

RASMUSSEN: ONLY 31% OF AMERICANS WORK 40-HOUR WEEK

Only 31 percent of employed Americans work a 40-hour week, a new Rasmussen national telephone survey suggests.

The survey, conducted this past week, found that 40 percent of Americans now work more than 40 hours per week, including nine percent who work more than 50 hours per week.

Last May, Rasmussen found that 33 percent of Americans worked more than 40 hours per week, including 11 percent who worked more than 50 hours weekly. The most recent survey suggests that, in just seven months, the number of Americans working more than 40 hours per week has increased.
More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, only 9% work more than 50 hours a week? I feel lazy that I only work 65, and that's only after I promised my wife & doctor I would cut back. 2 years ago I worked 72 to 80 hours a week, and back when I was single I worked 108 hours a week!

Only 40 hours a week? I'd go stir crazy what do people do with all of that extra time?

Anonymous said...

104 maybe actually be a parent to their children? You know, reading and homework, sports,family dinners,church, talk to them.

Anonymous said...

This is the new America!