Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Hiring 50,000 Military Spouses

50,000 new military spouse hires by 2015. That was the challenge set by the Defense Department and the White House back in 2011. The DoD announces it has met that goal two years early. The challenge is part of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership. More than 180 employers agreed to make a special effort to hire military spouses. The DoD says the newly formed Spouse Ambassador Network helped the department meet its goal.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I were a class that Obammie would put into action to hire. Ya know menopausal middle aged white female. We got blacks, illegals, veterans and their wives, handicapped, college grads. How about us plain old simple normal people. Employers will be so busy hiring every other protected class I will never find a job. Maybe its time to start lying on my applications. I do not remember a line on the application that said are your the spouse of the military, is it a new line item I am overlooking or do I simply plug a sentence into my resume that says it?

Anonymous said...

Doesn't this conflict with the whole "Equal Opportunity" law?

Anonymous said...

1047, Yes,and these jobs are probably made of air.