Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, July 19, 2013

THE NEW WELFARE MAP

These 11 States now have More People on Welfare than they do Employed!
Last month, the Senate Budget Committee reports that in fiscal year 2012, between food stamps, housing support, child care, Medicaid and other benefits, the average U.S. Household below the poverty line received $168.00 a day in government support. What's the problem with that much support? Well, the median household income in America is just over $50,000,which averages out to $137.13 a day.

5 comments:

Jim said...

After I lost my job of 17 years, I went on unemployment (6 months of fighting my employer) When I finally did get a job I was making less than I was getting on unemployment. But at least I do get decent health insurance. Many people have no motive to get off assistance. There needs to be limits!! I know there are with unemplyment, but other assistance needs limits or conditions.

Anonymous said...

forgot Maryland...

Anonymous said...

Absolutely there should be limits. People never will get out and work again and the government just loves it that way, they keep track of your every movement anyway - why give them move incentive to keep doing it.

Anonymous said...

How is it so many people in Maryland are still on unemployment after all this time? Someone told me the other day that they have been on the extension for over two years.Damn-at some point we have to cut it off and make them work somewhere.

Anonymous said...

Please, there are more millionaires in Maryland than any other state per most recent data.