Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, April 08, 2013

Former ‘Mouseketeer’ Annette Funicello Dead at 70

Her family confirmed to “Extra” that Funicello died from complications of multiple sclerosis. They were by her side at a Bakersfield hospital when she was taken off life support. Funicello had been in an MS coma for years.

Funicello's only daughter, Gina Gilardi, said in a statement, "She's on her toes dancing in heaven... no more MS. My brothers and I were there, holding her sweet hands when she left us."

The perky star got her start at 12 years old as an original Mouseketeer. As a teenager, she transitioned to a successful career as a singer with his like "Tall Paul" and "Pineapple Princess.”

 More

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my ---- I remember watching her on TV as a child. I think she was everyones favorite Mousekateer! She grew into an evern more lovely woman then she was as a child.

Her last yrs of life were so sad but
now ----she suffers no more!

Anonymous said...

I'm a 66 year old male who used to watch the Mickey Mouse Club. I, like many others, was in love with Annette. She was wholesome and not a liberal Democrat.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful person, inside & out.

RIP, Annette.

Anonymous said...

God Bless her and her family. I believe Heaven just received an angel.

lmclain said...

God Bless and rest in peace. A lovely, kind, and beautiful person...