Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Float Driver Won't Face Charges In Train Crash

MIDLAND, Texas — A grand jury on Wednesday declined to indict the driver of a float involved in a train collision that killed four U.S. military veterans in a West Texas parade.

Dale Andrew Hayden, the driver of the truck pulling the float, will not face charges stemming from the Nov. 15 accident that killed four veterans who had served in Iraq and Afghanistan. Sixteen other people were injured.

Though the 12-person grand jury did not indict Hayden, it "has not concluded its review of the incident," according to a news release issued by Midland County District Attorney Teresa Clingman. Clingman declined to comment further.

The veterans were riding on a flatbed truck that was hit by a Union Pacific train traveling at 62 mph. The truck was the second float in a parade organized to honor wounded veterans and their wives.

More 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's probably why it's called an accident.

Anonymous said...

It was a preventable accident, as most are.

Anonymous said...

I usually stop when the gates are going down, and if they are going down when I'm already on the tracks, I hurry off ASAP.

Of course, that's just me, and I'm not a CDL driver or a veteran, so I am totally unqualified for making this decision. I guess my rules wouldn't come into the equation.

It's just me. Everyone else must be different.

Anonymous said...

8:12 PM

Only problem you have is that you are using common sense. You should know that is no longer compatible with the american citizen or government.