Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, August 09, 2012

People Regret These Five Things Most Before They Die

Here is some insight into what people regret most right before they pass away.

Bonnie Ware worked in palliative care for many years, tending to people during the last three to twelve weeks of their lives. A handful of themes cropped up in the things they regretted during their final days:

1. I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.

2. I wish I didn't work so hard.

3. I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings.

4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.

5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.

More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you wish you just wern't so PC and just did what you wanted and said what you wanted and lived your own life, like we all used to in the 60's.

Anonymous said...

I wished I would have drank more beer ate more red meat, had sex with more partners, and drank more big gulps.

Anonymous said...

You can't go back one second so don't dwell on it.Like it or not it's full speed ahead.My favorite history teacher always told us "those who don't know history are destined to repeat it"We will certainly repeat our mistakes,but unless some genius invents a time machine we will never repeat history.

Anonymous said...

I will never ever regret working hard. Due to hard work we have a confortable life with very little stress.