Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Is It OK to Stop Someone From Spanking Their Kids in Public? One Minn. Man Was Nearly Run-Over For Trying

A Minnesota man allegedly came close to being run-over after trying to stop a public spanking that he thought was over the line.

“When he hit [his son] in the butt his feet were pretty much parallel to his head and they came back and hit the ground. That’s not a spanking in my book…That’s too much,” the father of three explained.

“I just assumed he would have stopped and left. I didn’t know it would escalate to anything like that at all,” Jamie Godlewski said in retrospect.

Instead, 30-year-old Justin Watson reportedly told him, “What are you going to do about it?” before running back to his car with his two sons, flooring the gas, and starting to chase Godlewski around the parking lot of a local bowling alley.

“I mean he was going so fast his tires were smoking,” Godlewski recalled.

More

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This drives me crazy! I spanked my kids in public when they were little and I dared anyone to say anything to me about it. Some people should keep there opinions to themselves.

Anonymous said...

I don't like spanking my kids but have done so if it was needed! With that said if you ever feel the need to stop me or say something to me about spanking them then feel free to jump in there and do it. You never know you might just end up wearing a spanking yourself!

Anonymous said...

I know many people have never heard the expression, which comes from the Bible, 'spare the rod, spoil the child'. The problem with so many of the delinquents today falls on the parents for NOT discipling their children. Sitting a two or three year old a chair, or step for a time-out does not correct the problem. Spanking, not in anger, but in love to see your child doing the right thing, obeying their parents is not abuse. When you tuly love your child(ren) you want the best for them. You want them to be responsible adults. You want the very best for them. You want them to respect themselves and others. You want them to be caring people.
Abuse comes into play when a parent is hitting a child in anger, drunk, on drugs, or just being a bully. Yes, parents can be, and are, bullies, and that is when parents need anger management.

Anonymous said...

so he PHYSICALLY intervened to stop a physical discipline? isnt this like bullying bullies to stop bullying?

Anonymous said...

7:55 Spare the rod, spoil the child is not from the bible.

Anonymous said...

Proverbs 13:24 10:07