Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Gas Retailers Say ‘Swipe Fees’ Fuel Higher Prices, Siphon Their Profits

Although Maryland’s retail gas prices were lower than the national average in 2011, consumers are still getting hit at the pump -- for paying with plastic rather than cash. A growing practice is to offer cash and credit card prices to combat increasing numbers of credit card users, rising gas prices and high “swipe fees,” transaction fees set by credit card networks for banks.

Continue Reading...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I no longer use debit or credit cards for any purchases. Cash for everything and I only get what I can afford.

It feels great to know that I have no credit card debt and I know longer do any unneeded spending.

Anonymous said...

Swipe fees are real and can be shopped for by either monthly fees or pay by swipe. All in all it adds to the coost of goods you buy whefher you swipe or pay cash since retailer cant charge two prices for the same item. All my prices have ro have 2% added to them for this purpose.p