Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

So Then the FBI Sent Out An Agent To Check Up On My FOIA Request

Early last year, I discovered that Abu Zubaidah, the first high-value detainee who was held in top-secret CIA black site prisons and brutally tortured, has a younger brother who lives in the United States.

Research I was conducting on the accused terrorist led me to a three-year-old comment posted on Guantanamo reporter Andy Worthington's blog about Abu Zubaidah, the alleged terrorist, left by someone who identified himself as Hesham Abu Zubaidah.

"Yes that is my brother and I live in Oregon," the commenter said. "Do you think I should have been locked away for 2 years with no charges for a [sic] act of a sibling? I am the younger brother of [Abu Zubaidah] and I live in the USA. Tell me what you think."

Wow! This is a big deal, I thought. Abu Zubaidah has a brother that lives in the United States? What's Hesham's story? Why haven't we heard from him before? And what could he tell me about his brother, the alleged terrorist?

More

No comments: