Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, May 11, 2012

The Public Eye

I’ve been trying to get a handle on the concept of underwear bombs.

Just this week, we are being told that the CIA has thwarted an attempt by an Al Qaeda cell to blow up something with a new and improved underwear bomb.

I have to say that when I think of underwear bombs, explosives are not the first thing to come to mind. In fact, every time I hear “underwear bombs,” I think of the guy I recently saw on television who was fishing from his kayak down south when an alligator jumped up out of the water and almost got him.

Being a frequent kayak fisherman myself, I can imagine his reaction, which for one reason or the other, makes the term “underwear bomb” seem somehow appropriate.

More

No comments: