Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Library of Congress Staffer Fired, Claims Anti-Gay Bias

A gay man has charged in a discrimination complaint that he was fired last week from his job at the Library of Congress after being harassed and humiliated for more than a year by a supervisor who repeatedly cited passages from the Bible condemning homosexuality.

Peter TerVeer, 30, a management analyst at the Library of Congress’s Office of the Inspector General since 2008, says in his complaint that supervisor John R. Mech created a hostile work environment for him to such a degree that he suffered severe stress, forcing him to take disability leave last fall and earlier this year.

“I contend that I have been subjected to a hostile work environment by Mr. Mech since August 2009 on the basis of my sex (male), sexual orientation (homosexual), and religion (non-denominational Christian/Agnostic),” TerVeer states in an affidavit accompanying his complaint.

More

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh shut up.you can get married now.gays just gotta have their cake and eat it to.

Anonymous said...

1:41, I hope you lose your job for being a bigot some day, then you will know what it's like.

Anonymous said...

No worries.this biggot owns a successful company won't fire myself..And I hire no gays no Mexicans.all american baby.true American.old school American.hard American.not a soft candy butt American of today like yourself.

Anonymous said...

3:31,

I sure hope you don't end up sick some day and get a gay doctor, nurse, or attendant! And God help you if you need blood or an organ from a stranger who might be (gasp) gay or foreign! Be sure at that point to be as ridiculous and narrow minded as you are right now. By the way, one of your family members is gay. Just so you know.

Anonymous said...

Trust me 3:31 deals with red blooded gay Americans all the time but doesn't know it.

Anonymous said...

Gays aren't allowed to donate organs or give blood same as drug users.

Anonymous said...

Seems like I'm dealing with them now.um hmm.sure you are. Keep telling yourself that.

Anonymous said...

8:07,
Don't let facts get in the way of your arguments. I'm sure you'll be horrified to know that my blood is in fact donated, I am listed as an organ donor, and if you ever got sick, you would love to have one of my kidneys, as I am disease free and darn healthy. Not all gay people fit into your little stereotype. There was a time when all gay men (not women) were prohibited from donating, but now we are a little smarter.