Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Humbled By Primary Support, Congressman Roscoe Bartlett Is Confident Of Victory In November

Frederick, MD – Congressman Roscoe Bartlett issued the following statement this evening after he was declared the winner of Maryland's Republican Primary for the Sixth Congressional District of Maryland.

“The race for the Sixth District Republican Primary has been called and the outcome reaffirms what I have always known; that the great wisdom in our country comes from we, the people, not the powers that be in Annapolis. I am even more confident of victory in November because voting for my democrat opponent is a vote for Obama's and Pelosi's liberal policies which are barkrupting our government and killing American jobs"

“I want to thank each of my seven opponents. I've always run as if I were 20 points behind. It would have been impossible for me to run hard without my opponents. They deserve the thanks of every Republican for having the courage to get into the political arena and to seek the support of voters to become the Republican nominee for the Sixth District of Maryland.

“I look forward to contrasting my record of diverse experiences inventing the future for decades with 20 patents and 20 years of bipartisan accomplishments in the Congress to prove it. My old school American values of devotion to faith, family, our Constitution, hard work and individual responsibility will always be in style. No candidate running for Congress came from more humble beginnings than I did. I literally grew up as a dirt poor farmer. I worked full-time as a caregiver for a sick, elderly man to put myself through college. I am very proud that I was hired as a professor at the University of Maryland while I completed work on my doctorate. I am very proud that the success that I enjoyed from my research, inventions, and teaching came from serving and enriching others, rather than myself. I don't have to reinvent myself as a public servant or a citizen-legislator, because I've always been one.

“Voters face a clear choice in November. Compared to my opponent, I have a consistent record of voting to reduce government spending and to reduce your taxes. I support a balanced budget amendment. I oppose and voted against all of the bailouts. I voted against Obama's spending sprees, his trillion dollar annual deficits and Obamacare. As a senior myself with children who are baby boomers, I am fighting to save our Social Security and Medicare programs rather than hurtle them faster to bankruptcy and an impoverished future for younger Americans. I owned and operated my own business for 10 years and made payroll every week for all of my employees. I'm the only candidate who is a scientist and engineer and an early adapter and personal user of solar and wind energy. I was the first Member of Congress to buy a hybrid-electric car. When I hear some candidates talk about making the 1% pay their fair share, I think about the 1% of Americans who have served in Iraq and Afghanistan since the 9/11 terrorist attacks. I know that if Members of Congress don't understand the equipment that our men and women in uniform need to maintain our national defense, then nothing else may matter.”

No comments: