Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, March 05, 2012

GLAAD Takes Aim at Former Child Star Kirk Cameron After He Calls Homosexuality 'Detrimental and Destructive' On National TV

Former Growing Pains star Kirk Cameron has spoken out against homosexuality and his comments are not sitting well with The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation.

Cameron, who is an evangelical Christian, made his comments yesterday on CNN’s Piers Morgan Tonight.

When asked by Morgan if he thinks homosexuality is a sin, the 41-year-old star did not mince his words.

'I think that it’s unnatural,' Cameron said. 'I think that it’s detrimental, and ultimately destructive to so many of the foundations of civilisation.'

Cameron also spoke out against gay marriage adding: 'I believe that marriage was defined by God.

'Marriage is almost as old as dirt, and it was defined in the garden between Adam and Eve.

'One man, one woman for life 'til death do you part. So I would never attempt to try to redefine marriage. And I don’t think anyone else should either. So do I support the idea of gay marriage? No, I don’t.'

More

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always knew I liked that kid!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I saw the interview. It consist solely on his belief. Frankly, I agree with him one hundred percent.

Anonymous said...

Gaydom is self serving and has no place in human evolution. It is self defeating by it's very nature.
As long as moral people do not allow
adoption by same sex couples to continue the indoctrination of the belief.

Anonymous said...

Good for Cam for expressing his views and sticking to his religious principles. Shows we have a great nation that provides us with the freedom to worship and follow the religious path of our choosing. Now if only folks like Cam would stop working to deny those same rights from folks who do not subscribe to their particular brand of religion.

Anonymous said...

if you prevent these folks from adopting they will cleanse the gene poll of themselves by themselves. Evolution takes cre of the defective genes on its own.

Anonymous said...

Funny how Cameron's views are being looked at as wrong. At least for the moment everyone in the US is entitled to their own opinion. If you don't like it, fine. I myself find all the talk on the gay/lesbians to be offensive, but I don't go crazy with it. They are entitled to their choice (it is not a disease or something they are born with) and I am entitled to my opinion just as Cameron is to his. God will have the final say so on judgement day.

Anonymous said...

According to Cameron's logic, adultery should also be a criminal offense.

Anonymous said...

Silence the opposition by any means possible

Anonymous said...

If we are going to define marriage by the terms that Mr. Cameron used and try to set laws by it, then we need to make divorce illegal as well.

I'd be interested to see the statistics on the increase in deaths for married people.

Anonymous said...

Your a Christian and live your life according to your beliefs.....great. But stop telling everyone what is good for them and how to live their lives. Personally I am sick of them shoving their lifestyle down my throat.

Anonymous said...

12:50 - he was asked and so he answered a question. I'd personally like for the main stream media to stop shoving homosexuality down my throat. Every TV show now has it's token gay person. It's ridiculous. While I believe government has no place in marriage, I hate that everyone is allowed to have a voice except Christians these days.