Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, March 05, 2012

Dan Aykroyd Remembers John Belushi 30 Years After His Death

"He was my brother," the Blues Brother says of the comedian, who died on March 5, 1982, of a drug overdose at age 33.

On the 30th anniversary ofJohn Belushi's death, Dan Aykroyd is speaking out about his close friend and Blues Brothers co-star.

"What John leaves behind is his legacy of laughter and fun," Aykroyd tells HLN's Showbiz Tonight in an interview, adding: "He was my brother."

In a clip of the segment, slated to air Monday night at 11 p.m., Aykroyd reminisces about staying overnight with Belushi and his wife (although not in the same room). He and hisSaturday Night Live co-hort shared a love of the blues, and hatched the concept for TheBlues Brothers after meeting at Second City's Toronto outpost in the early 1970s.

More


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was a huge fan of John Belushi. His death is one of those that I can remember exactly what I was doing when I heard the news. Addiction takes so much talent away before their time. Sad.