Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, January 27, 2012

QUOTES OF THE DAY - MITT EDITION

“PETA is not happy that my dog likes fresh air.” –on strapping his dog to the top of the car

“I purchased a gun when I was a young man. I’ve been a hunter pretty much all my life.” (Romney’s campaign later said he’d been hunting twice, once when he was 15, and once in 2006 at a Republican fundraiser

“Corporations are people, my friend… of course they are. Everything corporations earn ultimately goes to the people. Where do you think it goes? Whose pockets? Whose pockets? People’s pockets. Human beings, my friend.” —Mitt Romney to a heckler at the Iowa State Fair who suggested that taxes should be raised on corporations as part of balancing the budget (August 2011)

”I like being able to fire people who provide services to me.” –Mitt Romney, using an unfortunate choice of words while advocating for consumer choice in health insurance plans (January 2012)

”I’ll tell you what, ten-thousand bucks? $10,000 bet?” –Mitt Romney, attempting to make a wager with Rick Perry during a Republican presidential debate to settle a disagreement about health care (December 2011)

“I should tell my story. I’m also unemployed.” —Mitt Romney, speaking in 2011 to unemployed people in Florida. Romney’s net worth is over $200 million.

“I’m running for office for Pete’s sake, we can’t have illegals” –Mitt Romney, recalling his reaction when he learned that there were illegal aliens working the ground on his property, employed by a firm that he subsequently fired (October 2011)

“I don’t speak for the scientific community, of course, but I believe the world’s getting warmer. I can’t prove that, but I believe based on what I read that the world is getting warmer. And number two, I believe that humans contribute to that. I don’t know how much our contribution is to that, because I know that there have been periods of greater heat and warmth in the past but I believe we contribute to that. And so I think it’s important for us to reduce our emissions of pollutants and greenhouse gases that may well be significant contributors to the climate change and the global warming that you’re seeing.”
~Mitt Romney, his view about global warming during a campaign stop in New Hampshire, June 2011

⁠”My view is that we don’t know what’s causing climate change on this planet. And the idea of spending trillions and trillions of dollars to try to reduce CO2 emissions is not the right course for us.”
~Mitt Romney, about his views on global warming during a campaign stop in Pittsburgh, October 28, 2011

“I was watching C-SPAN and I saw Vice-President Dick Cheney, and he was being asked questions about a whole host of issues…following 9/11, the affairs in various countries in the world, and I listened to him speak and I said whether you agree with him or disagree with him, this is a man of wisdom and judgment, and he could have been President of the United States. That’s the kind of person I’d like to have. A person of wisdom and judgment.”
~Mitt Romney, admitting that he wants a Vice-President like war criminal Dick Cheney

“For the past 10 years, my income comes overwhelmingly from investments made in the past, rather than ordinary income or earned annual income. I got a little bit of income from my book, but I gave that all away. Then, I get speakers fees from time to time, but not very much.” Not very much? According to his personal financial disclosure, from February 2010 to February 2011, Romney earned $374,327.62 in speaking fees.

Source

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To a millionaire like Romney $375,000 is not a lot of money. That is why he is a horrible candidate for President. The man has money from "Investments" made in the past so he has no idea what it has ever been like to live in a struggling Ameica since he has never had to worry about struggling.