Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Salisbury News Reunited 123 Animals With Their Owners This Year


One of the greatest things we do here at Salisbury News, (in my opinion) is publish lost and found animals.

This year we were able to successfully reunite 123 animals with their owners and to me, that's really cool. There's only one thing worse than losing your pet and that's a child.

That being said, I'd like to once again reach out to ALL of those people who have taken in all these animals, contacting Salisbury News and allowing this format to reach out and find the owners.

Without any doubt in my mind it's the greatest service we are fortunate enough to provide. Most of the animals are reunited within an average of 15 minutes of them being posted. If that doesn't tell you the kind of readership and following we have, well, I don't know what else to tell you.

This past year we've reunited a horse, chickens, a rooster, numerous cats and multiple dogs. I can even recall 4 pets being lost in one day and all were reunited almost instantly.

The best numbers I can share is that 100% of the animals posted here were reunited with their owners and it just doesn't get any better than that.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is one of your best features Joe.

Tina said...

That is awesome! Another reason to love Salisbury New Blog...thanks Joe!

Anonymous said...

Joe you found my cat Nancy a few years ago! It's because of you that we got to spend another year with Nancy. Unfortunaly Nancy passed this year in her sleep of a swollen kidney gland. Next cat we get will be named Joe. Thanks for all the hard work you do for the missing animals in the area! Your an angel!

Anonymous said...

Thanks to you Joe one of your readers helped me find my cat this year. Thank you again so much.

Tim Chaney said...

I found my latest four legged best friend right here. You posted his picture for the gurls at Cathy's Pet Salon, Andrea was holding him in foster care until they found a mate for him.

After losing two older black labs in a year and a half (last one way back in May), I wasn't sure if I wanted to take on another rescue. Then I saw him here and he needed a home : )

Now "Woody" is my LiL buddy, he was already house and crate trained. Perfect for the terminal bachelor!

Thanks Joe and the ladies at Cathy's. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

Anonymous said...

It is wonderful the animals that are helped by your posting them for others!

I too believe, one of the "Best Features" of the site!

Merry Christmas Joe-----and Thanks!

EW

Anonymous said...

Joe is the animals' Santa!

Anonymous said...

Great Work SBY!!!