Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Former Ocean City Police Officer Earl Campbell Speaks Out Once Again


At noon today we will provide a "Letter To The Editor" from former Ocean City Police Officer Earl Campbell. This is a message no one will want to miss.

As many of you are aware, CNN picked up this story yesterday and for whatever reason it was pulled late last night. Some speculate the OCPD had something to do with it being yanked. However, that hasn't stopped the traffic here in the millions in one day as we put up the story in its entirety and remains alive right here on Salisbury News.

One thing I can tell you is that we have rejected literally hundreds of nasty comments and kept quite busy yesterday fielding phone calls, e-mail and even an early morning Radio Show interview with Dan Gaffany this morning.

I would also like to make it very clear that I did attempt to make contact with Mayor Rick Mehan yesterday but he never returned my courtesy call. You can expect to see quite a story about this matter in the Coastal Dispatch, the Ocean City Today as well as the Daily Times by this Friday.

Earl's message at noon is quite compelling and one you will not want to miss.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So the K9 retired? Medical issues. So isnt the K9 considered a retired police officer with benefits? Im not understanding the issue? Seems like OCPD dont want to pay for expenses for a K9. That K9 is more loyal than 90% of the cops there and deserve better treatment.

Anonymous said...

If the K-9 had been shot and killed in the line of duty OCPD would of had the shooter up on every charge since this would of been an officer. I agree, the K-9 has now retired so should be entitled to benefits just like any other officer who retires.

Yes, if this had been my dog who needed surgery I would of done anything for it. My dogs give me 100% of themselves. Who else can you name would be encited to see you walk into the room no matter how long you were out of their sight?

It's a shame CNN pulled this story. Who knows, maybe the same fools who had Joe pulled from ringing the bell had something to do with it. I'm sure they are happy it was pulled. Shame they will never see one of their post get so much attention. They get attention but for the wrong reasons. I've noticed lately comments and emails from some who I consider friends agreeing with JT and JR. Makes me wonder if I can trust those friends. There is always things friends won't agree 100% on which is only natural BUT wishing harm on a person over a blog is childish. So far I've kept my mouth shut about what JR did to me but it's going to come out if things don't change.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a liabilty issue for CNN.I seriously doubt that anyone from the OCPD had the story pulled.They have legal people who check stories out.Apparently saw enough to get cold feet.