Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Salisbury News Endorsements For Delmar, Maryland Election Tuesday

There's only one real choice in this election for Mayor. Carl Anderton is a man I have been speaking very highly of for the past 4 years. I have stated many times, this is the man to watch in local politics. Let me just say this, when I say local I don't just mean Delmar. I had hoped Carl would have thrown his hat into the ring when it came to running for State Delegate but Carl thought long and hard and decided he wanted to run for Mayor of Delmar instead.

His opponent Luther Hitchens is a fine gentleman but a man who has no accomplishments within local politics. Luther has been quoted many times saying he just wants to be Mayor for one term just to be able to say he was Mayor once. This is hardly a reason to run for Mayor.

Carl serves on the Maryland Municipal League and one thing I can tell you Folks, Carl is highly respected by his peers. Carl has also served as a Town Commissioner for many years in Delmar and is clearly the choice for the future of Delmar. In my honest opinion, Delmar is damn lucky to have this guy even considering the position of Mayor.

Two other gentleman that should be highly considered for Town Commissioner are Mike Gibb, (left) and Tom "Bunky" Luffman, (right). Again, I have known both of these gentleman for many years now and these are two men I am amazed would take the time to represent the Town of Delmar.

I can tell you that I have personally spent more time recently with these three gentleman than any other candidates in our past history. They are honorable men who absolutely love Delmar. Mind you, I know all of the candidates running and these are the candidates I support.

To our viewers in Delmar, please get out and vote this Tuesday. Salisbury News will be following this election closely and we'd like to be able to post a title stating Delmar, Maryland has a record voter turnout. I have seen far too many empty Commissioner seats over years past and Delmar finally has some great candidates to represent them well.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carl will get three votes from our household. Thanks for the information on the other candidates.

Anonymous said...

You are right Joe, Luther is a nice guy, but basically he's just been Mayor Niblett's right hand man for years. Wherever Niblett goes, Luther follows, whether it is right wrong or indifferent. I want to see someone with new ideas and the energy to make things happen. I have also met Mr. Luffman and Mr. Gibb and I feel that both of those gentleman would be able to work well with Carl,but more importantly for the residents.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Anon 10:55. With all do respect to Luther, Anderton just seems to have an energetic enthusiasm that could be great for all of us.

Anonymous said...

No offense to you Joe... if it weren't for you I'm not sure any of is would be aware of this local election. I searched DelmarvaNow and managed to find only a handful of old articles on some of the candidates.

Anonymous said...

Those are also the three I am voting for. Carl is a no brainer. With Commissioners Delmar BOW Superintendent Dave Ring's wife Stephanie is running on a platform that she is Dave Ring's wife. Henderson is an unethical guy. Look up his court records and you'll find domestic violence charges. He's a scum bag! Gibb is a nice guy. He told me straight up that he didn't have a lot of experience in government but was willing and eager to learn. Bunky is from Delmar. That has become a rare sight in Delmar politics. We know him. He's a good guy that fought to keep our kids from being bussed to East Salisbury. He already serves on the Planning and Zoning Commission. So the choice is clear to me. Anderton, Gibb and Luffman.

Anonymous said...

This is my first visit to your website. My neighbor called me this morning to tell me about this article and I couldn't agree more with you. I usually do not vote but I will in this election. When they told me they do not want to be anything like Salisbury they sold me. My neighbor agrees and so do a few other people I've spoken to about this election. Good luck guys.

Anonymous said...

I must concur Joe. I do not always agree with you, but we are on the same page with this one. I have had MANY business dealings with Michael Gibb and he has always looked out for my company. Can't say I always liked what he had to say, but at least it was true. He is as honest a guy as they come. Bunky and Carl are both honest people as well. Those 3 will help Delmar remain the great town that it is.

Anonymous said...

Anderton, Luffman and Gibb all the way!

Joseph Albero said...

anonymous 12:10, thanks for visiting.

Anonymous said...

I WAS going to be voting a different way, however due to the recent lying of the McGuire, Henderson and Hitchens trio as of late, there is no way in HELL I want those liars in office! I think Gibb,Anderton and Luffman will serve the town with honor and dignity

Anonymous said...

Carl was always going to get my vote for mayor, but I really was undecided about the seats for commissioner. Due to some recent things that came to light about another candidate, I have been able to narrow down my choices. I appreciate what you have had to say here and will seriously take that into consideration when making my final choice. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I have known Mike since his days in school. He is a highly intelligent guy who will make things happen. I have only read about Bunky and Carl and they seem to be good choices, but after seeing them endorsed by you, it is a no brainer! Thanks Joe for keeping us in the loop.

Anonymous said...

An election of any kind is not to be taken lightly and I choose my votes very carefully. Anyone can file to run, but only the most interested in the job will take the time and energy to let me know who they are. The only ones who have taken the time to do that, as far as I know, has been Mr. Gibb, Mr. Luffman and Mr. Anderton. I don't feel the other candidates have left me much of a choice.

Anonymous said...

Here is my main concern: While I feel that Woodcreek should be represented, I am also concerned that they will push for things other parts of our town don't get. Three of the candidates are Woodcreek residents. I am voting for Tom Luffman because he has the whole town in mind. Mike Gibb is the only candidate who has reache beyond the Woodcreek neighborhood for support. It is possibly simply a crafty move, but I have talked to him and I truly believe he looks at the town as a whole. The other two candidates are just depending on Woodcreek to vote them in because, in my opinion, they could care less about the rest of us.

Anonymous said...

I agree with those choices also.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Gibb came by my house yesterday to speak with me. I have never had the opportunity to speak with him in the past, but I must say he earned my respect and has some good plans on how to improve things that deserately need improving.

Anonymous said...

Good choices Mr. Albero!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know any of these guys, but I spoke with Carl and Gibb and they got my vote. I then went to Bunk's website and emailed him and he got right back with me. Henderson, Ring and Hitchens have not made themselves accessible to the public ad CANDIDATES, so what do you think they are going to be like as paid politicians?

Anonymous said...

I think if these 3 get on together, things will finally start to happen.

Anonymous said...

Looks like Delmar is heading in the right direction! They are getting my vote as well!

Anonymous said...

Henderson and Ring believe that the endorsement by the Wood Creek HOA guy Lloyd Unsell is enough to give them the election. They want Delmar to buy the golf course which would cost millions of dollars to buy, bring up to playable condition and maintain. Also the golf course would likely takes years of dedicated marketing to break even. This all means your taxes would be going up for a golf course! We can't get the police to patrol I have town and Henderson and Ring want to open a golf course with tax money? Are you kidding me? Vote for Carl, Bunky and Gibb!

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Carl. I hope that you are successful tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Why do Lloyd, Henderson and Ring think Delmar tax payers should be in the golf business?