Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, September 16, 2011

Pre Test


This is a terrific and incredibly easy test. And it shows results in a number of ways.  It clearly indicates that the majority of Americans don't have a clue about what's going on in the world.  No wonder our politicians take such advantage of us.  It's astonishing that so many people got less than half right.  These results say that 80% of the (voting) public doesn't have a clue, and that's pretty scary.

There are no tricks here - just a simple test to see if you are current on your information.  This is quite good and the results are shocking.

I believe it was Winston Churchill who opined that " . . . the biggest argument against democracy is a 5-minute conversation with the average voter . .. ."

Test your knowledge with 11 questions, then be ready to shudder when you see how others did!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

great test! I am happy to say I got 9 correct out of 11. I am posting the link on my facebook page.

Anonymous said...

i got 1 wrong. i can't believe the numbers this pew study shows. it's shocking and scary at the same time. again; no wonder we're in trouble. most are clueless......

Anonymous said...

8 correct scoring better than 67% of the population.

Anonymous said...

Went to 10th grade, spent 24 years in the Army. Age 65 - Got 100%

Anonymous said...

9

Daddio said...

10 out of 11. I'd better get cracking so I don't miss that rogue question again ...

Anonymous said...

3:03, Congratulations. Your getting a perfecf score validates the idea that one can become learned and current with world events and people without getting a college degree-=or in your case a high school diploma. Obviously, you read/listen to the news and keep up with what's going. I got 9out of 11 and am just a little older than you, but I have a college degree. I had no idea that Medicare, which both you and I get, takes more of the tax dollar than anything else; I had thought defense, which wasn't even listed!

Anonymous said...

Here's Your Score: You correctly answered 8 out of the 11 possible questions, which means you did better on the quiz than 66% of the general public

Anonymous said...

...and they vote!
This was an easy test, really. You should have to pass it before you can cast any ballot, imo.