Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, November 22, 2010

A Letter To The Editor On The Old Fire Station

Joe, I no longer live in the City but want to put in my 2 cents. If the city wants to sell the old fire station it should be sold at a price like you offered or closer to its appraised value. Actually, I believe that the city should keep the building as a Library Annex instead of talking about spending more taxpayer dollars on a new library building. I am sure there are other municipal uses for that beautiful building. I have always felt it was inappropriate to call our children, "kids" but I see and hear it more and more lately. Kids are baby goats!!! Also, the in-phrase, "you guys", or, "guys", more than half of the population are not guys. The Daily Times ran a short piece a few years ago justifying the use of the term to apply to all of us regardless of gender. I disagree with that stance completely. Thanks for listening.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The city ownes the fire house. The county ownes the library and the Eastern Shore regional library rents from the county I believe. This would mean the city and the county would have to work together on this.... Not thats the joke of the day.. Thanks for starting my day off with a smile...

Anonymous said...

It should be sold at auction, end of story. THat way, anyone,who wants to bid can and the market will dictate what the value should be. If it is sold private sale, it seems like a politcal favor being sold so far below market value.

Anonymous said...

Now that the city has "made its deal", whatever the place becomes, no one and I mean no one should frequent the place. The city is very wrong on this deal and they know it. If you don't agree with what they have done, stay away; if you agree with them, then by all means, go there.

Anonymous said...

The city should keep it and use it, at least until the market can fetch what it's worth.

Me, I'd like to see it stay with the city. These buildings all wind up as government offices and lawyer offices anyhow so why give it away?