Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, November 19, 2010

It's Been A Challenging Week

If you've ever received a letter in the mail requesting you to come in for Jury Duty, you know what this week has been like for me. Sweating it out every night, up late into the evening trying to get posts up for the next day. Then getting up at 5:00 AM to fill in even more posts and then off to Jury Duty. It's been one heck of a roller coaster ride and a very difficult week. Hopefully none of you have noticed I have been gone quite a bit. I've done my very best to keep things flowing with the help of one of our Contributors moderating comments.

Nevertheless, it's been a fantastic experience so far. It's been a LONG time since I received a pay check from someone. I do feel kind of cheap though, $20.00 a day doesn't seem to cut the mustard but its more than I get paid from Salisbury News. ;-)

All that being said, it's been an incredible week hit wise and more importantly, comment wise. There's probably been an average of 250 comments a day this week, so we must be doing something right. I did receive a call today from Linda Lugo, (Director of the Humane Society) and they couldn't be happier with yesterday's judgement passed on the couple who killed the dog at the Salisbury Mall. They all did a great job, especially the Police Officer who made the arrest.

I'll have more posts shortly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe,
Are you singing " I don't get no satis-faction..."
I was surprised to read that jury duty pays $20/ day now. It used to be $15. That's inflation for ya.

Anonymous said...

All the people that are out of work right now should be given the opportunity for jury duty first. Even though $20 a day isn't much, it is something and something is always better than nothing. I am probably an odd woman out but being unemployed right here at Christmas time, $100 a week could make a world of difference for Christmas morning!

Anonymous said...

Jurors have gotten a 33 1/3% raise since I served for $15 per diem a few years ago!