Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

This Campaign Is Not About Me


My Friends,

We are less than 70 days from Election Day, and the campaign has been heating up. I wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. My name is Andy Harris. I'm a Navy veteran, and a father of 5 (married to Cookie Harris for over 30 years). A practicing physician on the Eastern Shore and at Johns Hopkins (where I received my undergraduate and medical degrees),

I still believe in Ronald Reagan's vision of America as a "shining city on a hill." As a physician, I have the experience to understand the complexities of health care reform and yet the common sense to know a government takeover won't work.

My campaign is extremely proud of what we call the "Harris Volunteer Corps," a group of Marylanders who are committed to taking our district back. I am writing today to ask you to join us by signing up to volunteer today. You can do this at any time at my campaign website, http://link.smartcommunicator.net/?241-526-618-4267-3751. While you are there, you can catch up on the latest news, see my position on the issues that matter most to you and your family, or use our secure online donation center to make your contribution to my campaign.

I tell my staff all the time that this campaign is not about me, and it's not about the Republican Party - it's about the people of Maryland's First District. That's who I am running to represent, and I'm asking them to stand with me in this fight. Whether you would like to make phone calls, go door to door, put a yard sign up in your yard or a bumper sticker on your car- every show of support helps our campaign.

No comments: