Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, November 23, 2009

Little Brooke Mulford Needs Prayers


Hi everyone,

It's after midnight and I need to get to sleep since the nights are usually the most difficult I get very little sleep. The past three nights Brooke has needed to be put on oxygen. Friday night her pulsox dropped to 83% (should be above 90% minimum) and she needed oxygen until about 1:00 in the afternoon. They did a chest xray Sat morning and they think she has pneumonia or a collapsed lung but are leaning toward pneumonia. She will be getting a repeat xray done tomorrow morning (Monday). They have also done some other tests and should get results late tomorrow on those.

Don't think we will be getting out of here Monday as planned - which I would not feel comfortable leaving in light of the situation anyway. She has been spiking fevers (up to 104.1) off and on through out the days and nights (which is typical with this clinical trial but still tough as a parent to see). Her blood pressure has improved since the first day. She is due to get her 2nd blood transfusion this week any minute now (her hemaglobin was 7 last night but they weren't able to give the transfusion while getting her antibodies infusion so it had to wait until tonight).

We have been missing Grammy so much this week as she has been home sick. Uncle Johnny & aunt Johanna have been coming in when they can (Wed, Fri & Sat) and it's always a bright spot in our day. Daddy came to visit yesterday and Brooke was talking a mile a minute the entire time he was here (she was so excited to see him) and I got to see the light of day for the first time since Wed (we don't have an outside window - just a noisy view of the ER waiting room). Also, had a fun visit with aunt Cheryl & cousin Brian today. Whenever we have visitors she kicks me to the curb (she knows she can get away with anything when I'm gone) but the minute they're gone I can't even stand outside the door without her telling me she needs me! We brought in walkie talkies this time so that if I'm putting laundry in or running down to the caffeteria she can talk to me if she needs me but they don't work in the caffeteria. We practiced with them all last week at home. She's so cute on them and always ends with "over & out" (no idea where she got it from).
Well, those are the highlights and lowlights since Thurs. Please pray that her lungs clear quickly and that she doesn't get worse. Also, please pray for Grammy to get better soon...we miss her so much.

God Bless,
Amy

The Lord is my Strength and my Shield; my heart trusts in, relies on, and confidently leans on Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song will I praise Him.
-Psalm 28:7

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy, you, Brooke and Rob (and Grammy, too!) can have my prayers any time you want.

Big hugs.

Anonymous said...

This certainly puts my piddly little problems in their proper perspective.
I'll pray as hard as I can for her.
Hang tough, Amy.
She really needs your strength.

Anonymous said...

God please bless the Mulford's through all of this. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!!!! Good luck Brooke, you have been an inspiration to many!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you are going through this. Our prayers are with you.

Anonymous said...

Brooke, you are the strongest person I've ever known. Each time you've had a set back you've fought it with that big smile. C'mon sweetheart, fight like you've never done before. Just remember Thomas the Engine "I think I can, I think I can" except you are Super Girl so for you it's "I know I can, I know I can".

Anonymous said...

Many prayers for your entire family, stay strong in the Lord, he will never leave you.

Anonymous said...

Our family's prayers are with the Mulfords.

Amy you are amazing.

Karas mommy said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with the whole family..I know how hard it is to watch your little one suffer i went through it with Kara..Keep fighting Brooke!!xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hang tough, Brooke!

Anonymous said...

Lord I know you here our prayers before we speak them. Lord you already know the needs of this family, but I pray you lay your hand upon them, give them strenght, Lord you are gracious and bigger than any situation, so I pray you make Brooke feel better and her family as well. I pray all these things in your sons name, Amen.


In my prayers

Anonymous said...

My little boy & I say prayers for Brooke every night!!!! We will say extra prayers tonight! Brooke, I wish I could be strong like you! You are one tough little girl! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

God bless you and keep you safe in his arms........

Tee said...

prayers sent

Anonymous said...

i will say a prayer for all of you. god bless her, and i hope to god she gets feeling better.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could be strong like Amy. We are praying for you Brooke. God bless.

Anonymous said...

I must say that i have put aside my needs for this little girl. To watch her have the strength to carry on every day is a miracle in itself. My Christmas wish to you--Mulford family-- is that little Brooke comes home and celebrates the Lord's birth with you all and that the sunshine shines brightly in your lives to keep you and your family going!!! GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!!

Unknown said...

My Heart Goes Out to You All.

Anonymous said...

Keep fighting Brooke. Praying for a quick recovery for you and Grammy! God Bless you all!!!

Anonymous said...

Sending lots of prayers your way Brooke. God Bless You! Cathy-Jo

Anonymous said...

May God watch over Brooke and her family during this battle. The strength of the Lord will keep you all going. God Bless.