Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Wicomico County Sheriff's Office Press Release

Incident: Disorderly Conduct

Date of Incident: 17 December 2008

Location: U.S. 13 at Centre Road, Salisbury, MD

Suspect: Jimmy Louis, 21, Salisbury, MD

Narrative: On 17 December 2008 at 2:44 PM, a deputy stopped a vehicle in which Jimmy Louis was a passenger for a traffic violation. Upon the deputy contacting the occupants, Louis became argumentative with the deputy and refused to provide identification. During the encounter with Louis, he began yelling loudly and belligerently at the deputies present on the scene. Louis’ behavior drew the attention of numerous patrons at a nearby restaurant yet he still refused requests to cease his loud and boisterous demeanor.

Due to the disturbance caused by Louis, he was arrested and transported to Central Booking where he was processed and taken in front of the District Court Commissioner. After an initial appearance, Louis was released by the Commissioner on Personal Recognizance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is common knowledge that a officer hasw to provide credentials when requested from them during a stop. As is the reason they are troubling a citizen for in the first case. I guess the worse they do their job and the higher crime goes up , the less they are required to obey their own rules. "I didn't break the law..I AM the law" seems like this is the new attitude of the cops today. They have taking on this view more and more. Some even decide what is a crime and what is not. For instance, I was hit by a driver after this driver failed to stay right of a double yellow line . The driver proceded to leave the scene of the accident only hoping my vehicle was not able to chase after him. HE WAS WRONG. I chased after this guy and after making a total of four turns and finally stopping behind a conveniance store and ducking down in his car seat ,I proceded to block his car in. Now just after he hit me I was on the cell phone to 911. I narrated the entire chase to the officer on the phone as it occurred. It was very exciting. But when pfc Porta from the state police barracks finally showed up , he refused to cite the driver for any of the several violations he committed. I was told that our insurances would settle it? Needless to say I ended up paying the $500.00 deductable from my own insurance policy because of lack of evidence pertaining to the accident. I tryed to raise issue with the commander of the barracks to no avail. I guess I could of pressed the issue but felt it would end up costing me more money than it already was . Point is if this officer would have just did his JOB than I would not have been out the deductable in the first place. And they wonder why they have such a hard time when dealing with the public? I'm not crying about this lack of job performence, only sharing the other side of why someone may get upset with our police depts .I didn't raise a stink with the officer because , just like this guy, I didn't want them to arrest me for "causing a disturbance. What a croc ...To be arrested for wanting a officer to perform the job WE pay them to do. Its just another level of corruption to deal with. I suspect this is part of the reason why our country as well as our local townships are becoming so corrupt. Even the cops can't follow rules that are written down for them to obey while protecting us.

Next thing you know, one cop will shove you into another cop and you will be under arrest for 2nd degree assult of a officer. All the while the real crooks skip happily down the road. What a mess.

The police today are taking far to many liberties while our courts are far to laxed. And the cycle continues.All the while we the people get poorer and poorer paying for our own misjustical acts being done to us.

The good side is the cops are alot safer falsely arresting the tax payers then to actually face the real criminals. Keep up the crappy job officer porta.

And by the way, You owe me $500.00 for the deductable YOU cost me. Search you concience and you will know this is so.Intrest is accumulating.