Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, September 15, 2006

Do You Remember This Photo?




















Not that long ago I posted several photos of animals needing to be adopted by the Humane Society. This 9 year old female German Shepherd was a beautiful dog and from what I hear the older dogs don't have much luck with adoption.

Well I have some fantastic news! A friend of mine approached me last night with a gleam in their eyes and I was not prepared to hear what they were about to tell me.

They saw the picture on this Blog Site and went in and adopted this dog right away. She is doing fantastic and has even lost about 40 pounds. The owners couldn't be happier and once again it proves the Blog Sites work!

Between dogs, horses, accountability at the Zoo, we're making a positive difference and I thank all of you for participating. Please don't forget the Humane Society if you're even remotely interested in a pet.

3 comments:

Chesapeake Dogs said...

Mr. A., ya made my day with this photo and news. What a sweetheart there. Yer friend's a good person.

Thanks fer what yer doin' here. They wanna paint the blogs as all negative, but this here shore is proof otherwise.

--CD

joe albero said...

14 dogs, 3 cats and 2 horses, I wonder if we have enough lead lines? LMAO! I pray I'll be feeling somewhat better in the morning.

Don't forget the Jaycees Steak Dinner tomorrow night as well.

sparkly1 said...

Keep it up Joe and you can have your own Zoo.