Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, April 02, 2020

Los Angeles mayor urges residents to wear face coverings in public

Mayor Eric Garcetti joined a growing push for residents to wear face coverings when out in public.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has argued that healthy people do not need a mask if they are not working in healthcare or caring for an infected person.

But in recent days, the CDC has been weighing whether to modify its recommendations and endorse the use of homemade masks.

“I can tell you that the data and this issue of whether it’s going to contribute [to prevention] is being aggressively reviewed as we speak,” Dr. Robert Redfield, the CDC director, told NPR.

More

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I lived in California I would cover my face, too, because I wouldn't want my friends to know I wasn't smart enough to leave.

Anonymous said...

That's Next here & everywhere !!!

Ghee said...

But just the ugly ones.

Anonymous said...

If the hospitals can't get PPE, how do they expect the general public obtain them???

This is not rocket science folks

Anonymous said...

esp the ILLEGALS there !!!