Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, January 30, 2020

World Health Organization declares coronavirus outbreak a global health emergency

The World Health Organization on Thursday declared the new coronavirus outbreak a global emergency amid the recent jump in the number of infected patients.

"The main reason is not what is happening in China but what is happening in other countries," WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus announced at a news conference in Geneva, Switzerland.

"Our greatest concern is the potential for the virus to spread to countries with weaker health systems, and which are ill-prepared to deal with it," Ghebreyesus added.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/world-health-organization-declares-coronavirus-outbreak-a-global-health-emergency

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry this has absolutely nothing to do with this post however I kept my comments to myself in regards to the Salisbury traffic issues. I literally have been sitting here for almost 45 minutes by the hospital with a line about two miles long Town Waverly and even longer on Carroll Street. This is absolutely absurd. Zebra-striped bicycle speed bumps taking up two lanes of traffic. This is not Baltimore City. Tell the mayor to open the damn roads. Has me so damn mad I had to reach out.

drunk as a skunk said...

I thought Corona was a beer ?

Anonymous said...

corona is what you need when you're sitting on mill st