Incident: 1st Degree Burglary to a residence and Possession with intent to distribute narcotics
Date of Incident: December 6, 2019
Location: 7300 Block of Main Street Willards, MD
- Joshua Dale Shelton (28 years of age)
- Chelsea Marie Shelton (26 years of age)
- Shelly Ann Brittingham (48 years of age)
On March 29, 2019 Deputies with the Wicomico County Sheriff`s Office responded to 8400 block of Whitesville Rd in Pittsville, MD for a burglary. The Wicomico County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigation Division (CID) assumed the investigation. The investigation ultimately led to an arrest warrant for Joshua Dale Shelton for Burglary First Degree and other related charges. Joshua Shelton was found to have 3 additional warrants for his arrest, one of which is a failure to appear for another Burglary case. It was determined that Joshua Shelton was living in the 7300 block of Main Street Willards, MD. The Wicomico County Sheriff’s Office Community Action Team (CAT) had received tips about drugs being sold from the residence by Chelsea Shelton and Joshua Shelton along with other unknown males.
On December 6, 2019 the Capital Area Regional Fugitive Task Force (CARFTF), CAT, and CID responded to the residence in the 7300 block of Main Street in Willards, MD to serve the arrest warrant on Joshua Shelton. CARFTF located Joshua Shelton hiding in his mother’s closet up stairs. Joshua Shelton was placed under arrest for the outstanding warrant. Brittingham was notified of Joshua Shelton’s arrest warrant and attempted to harbor him by lying to detectives about his whereabouts’ even though Shelton was found hiding in her closet. Shelly Brittingham was placed under arrest for harboring a fugitive and related charges.
CAT authored a search and seizure warrant for the residence that resulted in the discovery of an amount of crack cocaine indicative of the intent to sell and a digital scale in a room belonging to Chelsea Shelton. CAT requested and received an arrest warrant for Chelsea Shelton for possession with the intent to deliver crack cocaine. The arrest warrant was served on Chelsea Shelton on December 9, 2019.
- Joshua Shelton: Burglary First Degree, Burglary Third Degree, Burglary Fourth Degree, Burglary Fourth Degree Theft, Theft $1,500-$25,000, MDOP less than $1,000
- Chelsea Shelton: Possession with intent to distribute narcotics (Crack Cocaine), Possession not marijuana (Crack cocaine)
- Shelly Brittingham: Harbor a fleeing felon, Harbor felon/fugitive, Resist/interfere with arrest, and Obstructing and Hindering