Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, December 27, 2019

Amazon refuses to help probe into driver stealing packages

A sheriff’s office in Florida said it caught an Amazon driver stealing a customer’s package but got no help from the company during its investigation.

The Polk County Sheriff’s Office said Thursday in a statement that it had arrested 27-year-old Jose Campos after detectives tracked down the vehicle he was using from homeowners’ association video and video from the Davenport, Florida residence where the package was stolen.

Detectives had initially contacted Amazon at its logistics center in person, but they were told they needed a subpoena before the company would help them, according to the sheriff’s office.

A loss prevention manager told detectives Amazon would not cooperate with law enforcement and identify their driver unless the sheriff’s office served a subpoena for their records at their corporate headquarters in Delaware, according to the statement from the Polk County Sheriff’s Office.

“I’m not surprised by much anymore, but this lack of cooperation from Amazon floors me,” said Sheriff Grady Judd. “This is just irresponsible on their part.”

More

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazon - what's going on with you? I ordered a pair of shoes (using prime) and received a $4.00 picture frame gifted for someone else. First time I used Amazon prime and my last. The shoes advertised for 36.00 and at check out with free shipping it came to 46.99. Go figure. Amazon is trying to hard to fast. I feel alot of people do not pay attention to detail and end up paying shipping. Amazon's gain. Bait and switch. I see class action law suits down the road.

Anonymous said...

Check your billing from AMAZON every time you purchase something; I don't belong to prime but anytime I do order and I uses free shipping I get billed for shipping plus EVERY month I am charged for prime on the credit card; it's hell trying to
contact amazon to have it removed and finally have to get the credit card company to remove it from the statement; talking to agent from credit card, they say they get many complaints about that problem

Anonymous said...

I use Prime all the time and have no problems.

Anonymous said...

I have used Amazon for years. I also have Prime. I never have a problem with billing for orders or shipping.
And if I have a problem with an item they fix it right away.

Anonymous said...

Almost every company requires a subpoena for such information. That’s never an obstacle for law enforcement. Subpoenas are easier to get than search warrants.