Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, November 15, 2019

Browns' Myles Garrett suspended indefinitely; Steelers' Maurkice Pouncey gets 3-game ban

BEREA, Ohio -- Myles Garrett will not play again this season, and maybe longer.

The NFL announced Friday that the Cleveland Browns defensive end has been suspended for the rest of this season, including the playoffs should the Browns make it, and will have to meet with the commissioner's office before being reinstated in 2020.

Garrett ripped the helmet off Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph and clubbed him in the head with it in the final seconds of Thursday night's game.

"Last night, I made a terrible mistake," Garrett said in a statement issued Friday. "I lost my cool and what I did was selfish and unacceptable. I know that we are all responsible for our actions, and I can only prove my true character through my actions moving forward.

"I want to apologize to Mason Rudolph, my teammates, our entire organization, our fans and to the NFL. I know I have to be accountable for what happened, learn from my mistake, and I fully intend to do so."
Garrett's suspension, which is at least six games, is the longest in NFL history for a single on-field incident.

More

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What attorney wrote that for him?

Anonymous said...

Why don't we just outlaw NFL.... Congress' time would be better served eliminating this infected pimple on our skin.

Anonymous said...

Why didn't the police arrest him and charge him with assault?

Old Man said...

I have said this for years. NFL stands for National Felons League. It takes a true felon to get into Goodell's league. Just look at the trash animals that represent about 70% of the players, and this is not about color. There are white and black trash that they want to call "football players". Just call it what is, just plain trash and garbage. And people are willing to pay over fifty cents a game to see them???? And yes, there are many suckers in this country. Barnum would be so proud he has been proved correct!

Anonymous said...

This will be deemed a "Racist" punishment and he will be allowed to play next season.

Anonymous said...

Why no punishment for Rudolph's role in this? He should have gotten a game or 2 for his actions.

Rebel Without a Clue said...

Unbelievable! And Epstein didn't kill himself!

Anonymous said...

Ban for life.

Anonymous said...

If he wants to fight he should try out for the UFC. He would most likely get his butt kicked real bad there.

Anonymous said...

I agree with 5:22 AM