Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, October 04, 2019

'Post Traumatic SLAVERY syndrome': Brandt Jean sparks social media battle after forgiving his brother's killer

After a video went viral showing a young Christian black man forgiving the former police officer who killed his brother, many praised the gracious act, but others questioned the move and wondered if the same would have occurred if their races were swapped.

Brandt Jean, 18, told former Dallas police officer Amber Guyger in court Wednesday that he forgave her for killing his unarmed brother, 26-year-old Botham Jean. Guygur maintained that she shot him when she walked into the wrong apartment, thinking it was her own, and though he was a burglar.

“I personally want the best for you," Brandt said after the jury sentenced Guygur to a 10-year prison sentence for murder. "I wasn't going to say this in front of my family, I don't even want you to go to jail. I want the best for you because I know that's exactly what Botham would want for you. Give your life to Christ. I think giving your life to Christ is the best thing Botham would want for you." Brandt then embraced Guygur, whose racist texts and social media posts had surfaced during the trial.

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This young man spoke from his heart. He is a true man of God and I commend him.

Anonymous said...

I've been plagued with Post Traumatic Foreskin Syndrome. Like an amputated phantom limb. Always feeling like there's something not there or missing. Flaccid flash backs and a fear of zippers.

Anonymous said...

Yes, he is a True Man of God.

Tell me why would this Blogg waste time on
7:26 idiot remarks?