Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, October 09, 2019

Mom tells kids they have to stay still to charge glow-in-the-dark pyjamas


Sometimes, it gets to the point when a parent can think of nothing else but to tell their kids a little white lie. You know how it goes: you're exhausted from work and chores, and your children just won't stop bugging you, so you make something up to keep them quiet.

But this week a mom on social media has been praised for a genius parenting hack, which she made up on the fly in order to get her little girls to lie still for a while.

Jessica D’Entremont, a mom who hails from the state of Massachusetts, came up with a life hack to help prepare her little girls, three-year-old Hannelore and four-year-old Emma, for getting ready for bed.

However, after a clever brainwave, Jessica managed to convince them to lie down flat and still, after telling them that this was the only way they could 'charge' their glow-in-the-dark pyjamas.

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant!

I once told my kids that they could hear Santa coming by putting a sea shell under their pillow and listen very carefully. It worked....when they were little!

Anonymous said...

I remember sprinkling Carpet Fresh on the carpets. I turned the TV on, told the kids to sit on the couch and watch. 5 minutes later, they wanted to move around and get in my way while cleaning. I told them that the white stuff on the carpet was a very strong cleaner and got very hot in order to work and if they walked on it, they could burn the bottoms of their feet. They stayed on the couch for 1 1/2 hour and I was able to get all of my cleaning done.

Anonymous said...

When I was a kid, my mother would give me a benadryl pill when got hyper active or asked her too many questions.
I knew it was for allergies, and I would tell her that I felt fine, but she would make me take it anyway, because the side effects of benadryl is drowsiness.

She would do this if she felt I needed a nap and didn't want to take one. This was how parents coped with their kids back in sixties and seventies.

I never did this to any of my children, but of course the schools want to drug you children, especially little boys if they become to hyperactive in the classroom!

Jesus was right about suffer the little children!