Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, October 09, 2019

Freshman House Democrat backing impeachment inquiry faces boos and heckling at town hall

Michigan Rep. Elissa Slotkin received pushback from her constituents recently over her support for an impeachment inquiry of President Trump.

During a weekend town hall in Hartland, the first-term Democrat’s remarks were interrupted by boos and hecklers as she opened the session discussing a Washington Post op-ed she and six colleagues wrote explaining their support of an impeachment inquiry.

“I wanted you to know from me directly why I made that decision. I know clearly there’s lots of disagreement in the room," said Slotkin, 43. "But what I owe you as your representative is to be open and transparent about how I made that decision, so I wanted to tell you about it.”

More

No comments: