Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, October 21, 2019

A 'whim' pays off, custom Trump fishing rods

Way down North Carolina Route 12 in the tiny village of Hatteras a tackle shop owner and custom fishing rod maker has placed a bet on President Trump. And it’s paying dividends.

I caught wind of it when I passed by his shop. On his roadside sign: “Custom Trump Rods.”

Inside, owner Steve Hissey was working on a 10-foot-long surf rod in red, white and blue.

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I go down to Cape Hatteras every year. Just went down at the end of September after Hurricane Dorian came through. Down in Frisco, if you're going north on 12, there's a large sign that's been there on the roadside for years..."Hillary for prison". I get a hearty belly laugh every time I see it.

Anonymous said...

What is the address, email and cost? my order will be in the mail or or on the computer as soon as I am told.

Anonymous said...

4:14
Call The Pelican's Roost (252) 986-0015