Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, August 23, 2019

Reporter testing the 'availability of guns at Walmart' fails background check

A senior correspondent for Business Insider investigated "the availability of guns at Walmart" by attempting to purchase a firearm, but proved unable to do so after failing a background check.

"I went to Walmart with the intention of buying a gun last week as part of an investigation into the placement, selection, marketing, and security of firearms in Walmart's stores, and to learn more about the retailer's processes governing gun sales," Hayley Peterson said in article should wrote for Business Insider. "My journey to bring a gun home from Walmart turned out to be far more complicated than I expected."

Walmart's lack of advertising and the fact they only sell guns in certain stores frustrated Peterson's attempt to buy one. After failing a background check, she decided that buying a gun at Walmart was not worth it.

More

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Wal-Mart right ? I have a personal relationship with my gun dealer just like my Doctor and Barber. I would not buy socks at Wal-Mart. Fire arms do not belong in big box stores and sporting chains. A respectable gun shop is a responsible and informed vendor with the experience to discriminate as a professional with a locked gated door and buzz in. You can buy a wedding ring at Wal-Mart too but I would prefer a true Jeweler. This right to arm mania and access should be denied irrational irresponsible paranoid people.