Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, June 15, 2019

Texas governor signs controversial 'Save Chick-fil-A' bill into law

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott on Monday signed the so-called “Save Chick-fil-A” bill into law, a new provision that supporters say defends the fast-food restaurant and protects religious freedoms. Opponents have argued it discriminates against the LGBT community.

Abbott, a Republican, did not hold a public signing ceremony, but he had signaled his support through a tweet a few weeks ago, DallasNews.com reported.

On May 20, Abbott tweeted a picture of a Chick-fil-A soft drink in front of a laptop showing a news article with the headline “'Save Chick-fil-A' bill heads to Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s desk” and wrote, “So. What are the odds I’ll sign the Chick-fil-A bill? I’ll let you know after dinner. @ChickfilA #txlege”

More


https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/texas-governor-save-chick-fil-a-bill-law 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for him! He has the Brass to stand
up for his and others beliefs.
Beliefs this Country was founded on and is being
" thrown out the window " by most in
power.

Anonymous said...

"Opponents have argued it discriminates against the LGBT community."

Nobody is being forced to patronize or seek employment with the enterprise.

SBJ

TheRealRay said...

I liked gays back in the day when they weren't all in your face...

Anonymous said...

Guess what, I'm hetero and your gay. My hair is grey and your hair is blonde. I can live in harmony with that. But DON'T get in my face and tell me I have to like you because you are blonde or gray. THAT IS WHAT BOTHERS me.