Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, May 20, 2019

I’ve Had 2 Abortions. Here’s Why I Support Alabama’s Pro-Life Law.

I’m an unlikely person to be supporting Alabama’s new pro-life law. I was pro-choice for many years, and as a young woman I had not one, but two abortions.

Both of my abortions would have been illegal under Alabama’s new law passed last week. The law bans abortion at all stages and allows an exception only to save the life of the mother. Other states like Missouri and Louisiana aren’t far behind Alabama—and I applaud them all.

I’ve come a long way to get to this position. As I mentioned, I was once pro-choice. In 1972, I actually joined a high school walk-out march protesting the fact that Planned Parenthood wasn’t allowed to do a presentation at our school.

More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lied to? as to what an abortion really is? come on? I call bs! abortion is murder plain and simple and same goes for biology, a male is a male and a female is a female. dont matter what we as humans decide to label any of the things. God's laws apply nevertheless!
Don't be so naive!

Anonymous said...

This woman is right. And Planned Parenthood has lied to keep up their business. They promote themselves as women's health care, birth control availability, reproduction rights. Yeah. They give birth control alright. The way McDonald's gives salads.