Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, April 12, 2019

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez suggests the IRS should do your taxes for you

Is the earned income tax credit the solution to helping Americans out of poverty?

Former CKE Restaurant CEO Andy Puzder argues the earned income tax credit is the best way to help low-income Americans.

As reform legislation Opens a New Window.advances through Congress Opens a New Window.that may eliminate a future IRS-created free filing software for taxpayers, New York Democrat Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez suggested most Americans shouldn’t be preparing their own taxes.

In a speech on the House floor, the freshman lawmaker refereced a Vox article which deemed it a “huge scandal” that lawmakers have not yet required the IRS to automatically prepare taxes for most Americans.


More 

https://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-irs-your-taxes

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

IRS needs to start some audits in her stupid A..

Anonymous said...

Where I yhe AL SHARPTON AUDITS ??????...

Anonymous said...

Not a new concept or idea... it's been floating around for years...

Anonymous said...

I thought they did... I mean, i remember being able to go downtown on the plaza and have them run thru the questions and officially sign off on it.

Anonymous said...

aoc should mind her own business

Anonymous said...

Didn't she recently get caught hiding 1 million dollars in LLC holdings via Delaware?

Anonymous said...

She thinks IRS stands for Instant Refund Service. She has said the government has lots of money and can pay for everything!

Anonymous said...

They can start with her first

Anonymous said...

You have to have an appointment to see anyone at the local IRS office
If you just walk in you may be seem if there are no appointments there when you arrive
Good luck getting your tax return prepared!


Anonymous said...

My Dad died years ago. My sister and I were the benefitiaries of his 401k. It wasn't much but we just left the money in because we thought we would get a big tax hit removing it. Couple years later the 401k people write a letter saying the funds must be removed or will be forfitted. My sister found out there was a form we could fill out to avoid the tax penalty. I went to the IRS office and picked it up. Months go by and one morning a guy knocks on my door. He is from the IRS. Apperantly the guy who handed me the form at IRS was a former tax preparer and had handled my taxes something like 10 years earlier. I didn't even recognise or remember him and vice versa. This IRS agent had shown up at my door to interigate me for 15 minutes trying to find out if the guy at the IRS had told me which form I needed. This was all over less than $700. They are so scared over losing $700 THAT THEY AREN'T INTITLED TO that they sent an agent to my house to question me.

This is why the IRS should NEVER do your taxes. They will use it as a license to STEAL!!!

Anonymous said...

Cause everyone is as dumb as me and can’t figure out these darn taxes