Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, February 02, 2019

True statement

Letter to the Boss:
I have enjoyed working here these past several years.
You have paid me very well and given me benefits beyond belief.
I have 3-4 months off per year and a pension plan that will pay my salary till the day I die,
and then pay my estate one year salary death bonus
and continue to pay my spouse my salary with increases until she or he dies, not to  mention a health plan that most people can only dream of having.
Despite this,  I plan to take the next 12-18 months to find a new position.
During this time I will show up for work when it is convenient for me.
In addition, I fully expect to draw my full salary and all the other perks associated with my current job.
Oh yes, if my search for this new job proves fruitless, I will be coming back with no loss in pay or status.
Before you say anything, remember that you have no choice in  this matter. 
I can, and I will do this.
Sincerely,

Every Senator or Congressman running for re-election 

        Are we stupid or what?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes we are. Yet we can only blame ourselves. Voting for the same asinine people who are always looking for another position.

Anonymous said...

This needs to be posted where people see this every day until term limits are enacted.

Anonymous said...

Congress people should be paid by the hour like the rest of us working stiffs,if you don't show up you don't get paid. They could be paid small bonuses if they sponsor bills that pass and save the tax payers money. I,like most citizens,are fed up with politicians being treated like they are somehow special and deserve all those perks,it's all BS and everybody knows it. except them!

lmclain said...

MILLIONS cheer this every day. Millions.

You cheer, they deliver.
Two Sets of Laws and apparently a whole different set of benefits and retirement perks and they don't give a sh** what you serfs think about it.

The ONLY way they will EVER stop is if "We, the people" put an end to it.
Hint: it ain't going to be any "voting" that changes anything either -- "your guy" is up to his neck in it, too.
Hang each and every one of them. On TV.

Or,
Keep cheering.

Anonymous said...

I thought it was talking about Teachers.