Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, December 22, 2018

Man who sniffs dirty socks daily hospitalized with fungal infection in lungs, reports say

A man in China who reportedly sniffed his dirty socks each day learned the hard way that his habit is apparently a health danger.

The man, identified only as Peng by the Daily Mail, reportedly developed a habit of sniffing his socks each day after work. But this unusual custom allegedly landed him in the hospital after the Zhangzhou resident complained of chest pains, tightness in his chest and a cough, Science Alert reported.

Initially, doctors at Zhangzhou's 909 Hospital suspected that Peng, 37, had pneumonia. But when his symptoms persisted, doctors re-questioned the man and he eventually admitted he was “addicted to smelling his socks that he had been wearing,” he said, according to the Daily Mail, which cited local Chinese media.

More
https://www.foxnews.com/health/man-who-sniffs-dirty-socks-each-day-is-hospitalized-with-fungal-infection-in-lungs-report

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went out drinking with some of my co-workers for a holiday party, so a couple of the younger guys challenged me to a drinking contest and me being me was like you little boys don’t stand a chance I’ve been drinking since I was 14. So apparently I still hand enough in the old tank to beat all of them then the needle hit empty and I went straight from sober skipping over buzzed and straight to piss drunk, at that moment I was like I am too old for this shit. Best part is I had to call my wife to come get me from the bar, so not only was she giving me the death eyes but my 3yr old was yelling at me and so was the baby

Anonymous said...

1:53 PM - At what point were you sniffing socks?

Anonymous said...

Everything you shoes touch is in your socks, plus whatever funky stuff your body adds.

Anonymous said...

Good question 1:53

Anonymous said...

1:53- Your point?

Anonymous said...

What a hobby! I guess underwear would be worse tho.